The examination process itself is very straight forward. However, like all credentialing processes, there are a number of steps you will need to complete in order to meet all requirements for completion of your credential.
Here's How it Works
- Click on "Learn More and Enroll" on the QABA home page
- Read the overview and select "Enroll"
- Create an account under "Sign Up"
- You will be taken to your examination dashboard
- Complete your Personal Information section
- Fully read and accept Terms and Conditions
- Complete the Fieldwork Verification and Recommendation sections. Important: Be sure to read these sections carefully to be sure to complete them successfully first time.
- Pay the exam fee. You will be taken to PayPal to pay this fee. You do not require a PayPal account to pay with a credit card.
- Check your email. Within 72 hours of enrolling to take your exam, you will receive an email at the address you used when registering. This email will contain the information required to schedule a time with Examity who will be proctoring your exam.
- At the scheduled time, follow the instructions from Examity, enter your exam dashboard in your QABA account and click on the exam bar.
Applied Behavior Analysis Technician Examination - Two (2) hours to complete
Qualified Autism Services Practitioner Examination - Three (3) hours to complete
If you require more time to take an exam please complete the EXAM ACCOMMODATIONS application.
- Candidate must be alone in the room
- Clear desk and workspace (a drink is allowed)
- Computer must be connected to a power source
- No phones or headphones
- No dual monitors
- Candidate cannot leave their seat during the exam
- No talking (with the exception of the proctor)
- No bathroom breaks
- Webcam, speakers, and microphone must remain on thoughout the exam
- The candidate must remain visible to the proctor for the duration of the exam
Successful Exam Completion
If you are successful and pass the exam, you will be given instructions on how to begin your background check which is required for full completion of your credential. These instructions will appear below the exam bar.
Unsuccessful Exam Completion
If you are unsuccessful, you can retake the exam when you are ready. You can find out more information HERE.